Active Investment Management: Making Decisions Under Multiple Objectives
Online Masterclass (WebEx)
This event offers a straightforward and practical approach to analyse investment management in state-owned energy companies, and participants can get a general knowledge to identify and quantify some general business risks in investment decisions and to implement real options analysis and decision-making tools.
At the end of the seminar, students will have enough information to analyse habitual cases like:
- Evaluate investment decisions under uncertainty
- Use general real options analysis in investment management
- Role of analytical tools for decision making support
Key Speaker - Dr. Elvis Hernandez-Perdomo
Director of OSL Risk Management with over sixteen years of experience in risk management. Formerly a Central Banker's Economist and Senior Executive Consultant/Trainer at Real Options Valuations Inc. He has participated in several international consulting projects in Latin America, Portugal, Spain, U.S., and the UK, from large companies to SMEs.
PhD in Finance (University of Hull UK) and a PhD in Engineering Science, MSc. in Finance and MSc. in Statistics and Operational Research, with consulting/research interests in Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Decision Analysis, Project Management, Corporate Finance, and Real Options; Certified in Quantitative Risk Management (CQRM), and with academic articles published in international peer-review journals in reliability systems, central banking, engineering, risk analysis, uncertainty, among other aspects.
- Market trends in energy markets
- Decision-making framework (practice & theory)
- Real options theory and implementation
- Multicriteria Decision Analysis perspective
- Risk Analysis on the decision-making process
- Case Study (Energy Sector - National Oil Companies)